i’m not a fan of savoury breakfasts but a lover of veggies and getting as many into my diet as i can. i’ve seen people add pumpkin to their oatmeal and i always thought it was a bit of an odd combination.. but trust me – it’s not. it’s delicious!
● soak overnight in water or milk or choice:
– 2 tbsp rolled oats
– 2 tbsp raw buckwheat
– 1 tsp chia seeds
– 1/4 cup grated zucchini
● in the morning, add the soaked oatmeal to a pot along with:
– a splash of milk of choice
– 1/3 cup – 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
– cinnamon, to taste
● cook on a stove top on medium heat adding milk of choice when necessary to get desired consistency. stirring to avoid sticking & burning.
● serve with toppings of choice 👌
eg. cooked cinnamon apple slices, poached pear, fruit. or add 1 tsp – 1+1/2 tsp of cacao powder to the oatmeal for a chocolatey take.
– it’s not necessary to soak the oatmeal beforehand, but i prefer it that way.
– if not using buckwheat use 1/3 cup of rolled oats in total.