My first try making raw brownies, they were so yum & addictive!
LOW- FAT SWEET POTATO MOUSSE ICING:
– 1 cup sweet potato mash (steam some sweet potato & mash it)
– 2 tbsp cacao powder
– 1 tbsp date paste or sweetner.. you may need more
– dash of cinnamon
– 1/3 cup almond milk
● Blend the above in a food processor until smooth. Taste test for sweetness & add more if you wish & blend again.
● Pop in the fridge to chill while you prep the brownie.
RAW BROWNIE SLICE:
– 3/4 cup almonds
– 1 cup dates, soaked
– 1/4 cup walnuts
– 2 tbsp shredded coconut
– 3 tbsp of cacao powder
– shake of cinnamon
– crack of pink himilayan salt
● Blend the almonds until they are chopped.
● Add in the remaining ingredients until well combined & the mixture is sticky.
● Line a small brownie/cake/bread tin with baking paper & press the mixture firmly & evenly into the bottom. I used a small bread tin because my brownie tray was too big and the slice would have been too thin.
● Top with the sweet potato mousse icing & pop into the fridge for a minimum of 20 minutes before carefully slicing & serving.