This thing was freakin’ amazeballs!
Layers of: sweet potato chips, baby spinach, black beans, corn, tomato salsa & my attempt at vegan cheesey sauce. it was just thrown together willy-nilly but I thought I’d share a rough recipe for some inspiration for you guys!
SWEET POTATO CHIPS:
– preheat oven to 180°
– slice one sweet potato into thin circles (i have a really good knife otherwise you could use a v-slicer)
– lay out each potato circle onto baking paper lined baking trays (i used two trays)
– pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
– at the 20 minute mark flip all the circles & pop it in for another 10 minutes. you will need to check multiple times throughout the last 10 minutes to removed cooked ones so they don’t burn.
– i heated some coconut oil, about 1/4 can of black beans and a tbsp of finely chopped onion in a pan on medium heat & seasoned with a dash of each: cumin, paprika, corriander, oregano, garlic powder, ground salt & pepper.
– after a few minutes and the beans have gone soft & onion is browned, i added 1 tbsp of water and roughly smashed the beans with a wooden spoon.
– 1/4 cup diced tinned tomatoes & 1 tsp of finely chopped onion stirred together with a dash of corriander and a tiny sprinkle of cumin, paprika, ground salt & pepper.
– heated 1/2 cup frozen corn in a pan till warmed.
– almond milk, nutritional yeast, a dash of tumeric, garlic powder, ground salt & pepper heated on low in a pan until thickened.