Since i’m looking into starting a low FODMAP diet i made some protein bliss balls free of dates!
They’re low FODMAP if you don’t include the raw pea protein powder because i’ve heard protein powder isn’t fodmap friendly, but this was just a little experiment and it’s only a small amount of the pea protein as well so you should be fine if you are able to tollerate it.
Keep in mind that they’re not very sweet like a typical bliss ball but i still like them! they remind me & my boyfriend of those chocolate crackles or “spiders” you would eat as a kid as the coconut oil solidifies them a little.
● add to a food processor:
– 1 cup nuts
● process for 5 seconds, then add:
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
– 2 tbsp peanut butter
– 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cacao powder
– shake of cinnamon
– crack of himilayan pink salt
– 1 tsp chia seeds
– 1 tsp linseed/flaxseed meal
– 1 tbsp protein powder (can omit for maybe a full tbsp of linseed/flaxseed meal)
– 1 tbsp shredded coconut
● process until well combined, add water as needed & then roll into about 15 balls.
● pop them in the fridge for about 20 minutes before trying one & keep remaining in a sealed container in the fridge