“Everything you eat either feeds disease or helps fight it” – my favourite quote!
Small changes can make all the difference so here’s some healthy swaps you can make in your diet this week and continue for life! They’re so easy you wont even go back to your old ways.
● Oils & Butter – Coconut Oil. When pan cooking food, I usually just cook with a splash of water when possible.
● White Pasta, Bread & Flour – Wholewheat or Gluten Free.
● Refined Sugar & Artifcial Sweeteners – Coconut or Rapadura Sugar, Honey, Rice Malt Syrup, Stevia or Natvia.
● Peanut Butter – Natural Nut Butter (read the label and make sure it’s just Nuts with maybe a tiny bit of salt.)
● Tomato Sauce – Tomato Paste. Mix it with a few spashes of water to make it more runny if needed.
● Cows Milk – Dairy free Milk (Almond, Coconut, Oat, Rice or Soy) Almond is my personal choice.
● Fruit Yoghurt – Greek Yoghurt or Coconut Yoghurt or have a dairy-free smoothie with toppings instead!
● Salted Nuts – Raw Nuts.
● Coffee – Green or other Herbal Tea.
● Cocoa Powder – Cacao Powder.
● Store Bought Muesli & Bars – Homemade is best.
● Cereal – Oats, Brown Rice Puffs or Homemade Muesli. Smoothie bowls are also a great idea as you can add toppings.
● Packaged Stir Fry & Pasta Sauces – Make Your Own.
● Beef Mince – Turkey Mince or use firm tofu for a vegetarian/vegan option.
● Canned Fruit in Syrup – Fresh Fruit
● Icecream – Banana Nicecream (recipe on my blog) and probably the best thing you’ll ever eat.
● Chocolate – Vegan Chocolate (you can make your own eg. the peanut butter cup recipe on my blog or you can buy some from health stores eg. Loving Earth or Pana)