Perfect little chocolate vegan & gluten free treats that are guilt free & can please a crowd!
● line a 12 hole muffin tin with glad wrap
● blend 1 cup of nuts (almonds and cashews are best) & 1/4 cup cacao powder in a food processor until granulated and set aside.
● blend 1 cup of dates (soaked in warm water for a minimum of 15 minutes prior) in the food processor
● add the nuts & cacao powder mix to the dates and blend until combined & sticky, you may need to add some of the date water
● press the mixture into each of the muffin tin holes to create a cup-like base
● pop into the fridge while you create the mousse
● in a food processor combine:
– 1 – 1 and a 1/2 cups sweet potato mash
– 2 tbsp cacao powder
– 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxmeal + 3 tbsp water, left to sit for 15 minutes)
– 2 tbsp (or, to taste) date paste or sweetener
– dash of cinnamon
– crack of himilayan pink salt
– almond milk to blend into desired consistancy if necessary.
● grab your bases out of the fridge & add a spoonful or two of mousse into each cup & pop back into the fridge to set for a minimum of 30 minutes.
● prior to serving top with goji berries, cacao nibs or shredded coconut for decoration
● store in the fridge