i went to a family bbq yesterday so i thought i would whip up some veggie burgers for myself. i got creative & came up with these HCLF FODMAP FRIENDLY VEGAN BURGERS! 🙌 yep, no beans & the held together wonderfully.
500g sweet potato (uncooked)
1/2 cup rice (uncooked)
1 tbsp each of paprika & chives
1 tsp each of turmeric & cumin
1 cup oat flour (blended oats)
1 handful of chopped spinach
● poke a bunch of holes in the sweet potato & steam it whole, cook up your rice & preheat the oven to 180° fan forced
● once the sweet potato has been steamed and is soft all the way through, peel the skin off & dispose.
● mash the sweet potato
● add in the rest of the ingredients & combine well.
● line a baking tray with baking paper
● form the mixture into burger sized patties, i made about six.
● pop in the oven for about 40 minutes, flipping two or three times throughout.
● serve as desired! can store in the fridge for a few days