So warming.. so autumn-y.. even though it’s spring here in Australia, but at least for some people in the world this oatmeal recipe is perfectly season themed!
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 grated zucchini or 1 small zucchini, grated
– 3 tsp cinammon (or less if your not a fan)
– 2 tsp chia seeds
– 2 or 3 tsp coconut sugar
– 1 small banana
– 1 large apple, peeled
– 1 large banana
– 1 small apple, peeled
it really just depends on the size of your fruit.
note: i use pink lady apples… the best!
– i like to soak my oats as it assists with digestion & they also cook faster. i normally keep some in my fridge with my grated zucchini ready for the next day or two (organisational skills on fleeeeek!) but overnight is fine, but this is also optional.
– add 1 cup of water to a pot & then add the oats, grated zucchini, chia seeds, coconut sugar, cinnamon & banana & cook on medium or medium-high adding some dairy-free milk of choice when necessary to achieve desired consistency & creaminess.
– while the oats are cooking, add just under 1 cup of water to another small pot with the chopped apple, sprinkle some cinnamon on top, you can add some coconut sugar if you wish, but it’s pretty sweet by itself. bring it to the boil and cook until soft and the liquid is gone. if you run out of liquid, you can add more water so the apples don’t stick or burn.
– serve oatmeal, i add some maca powder to my oatmeal as it’s a natural energy booster & hormone balancer, but this is optional. top with the cooked apples & some raw buckwheat or walnuts are a great addition for some crunch!
Serves one high carb vegan, but probably would serve two people otherwise 😉