Inspired by Veggieful‘s recipe, I wanted to make a healthier & lower fat version!
2+1/4 Cups teff flour (or gluten free flour of choice, but teff or buckwheat is best!)
1 tbsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
3/4 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fanforced.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and combine.
- Add in all the wet ingredients and combine together with your hands to form a ball.
- Sprinkle some flour onto your workspace/bench and put the dough ball in the middle.
- Roll out your dough with a rolling pin & cut out shapes with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place the cookies onto a baking try lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack before icing if you wish. I enjoyed mine plain & they were delicious!