It sounds too good to be true.. it’s really not! A vegan lasagne that’s suits pretty much all diets as it’s gluten free, high carb, low fat & fodmap friendly and still has the bechamel “cheese” sauce!!
It’s a rough recipe as I’ve only made it once but I absolutely loved it & I knew you guys would appreciate me sharing it.
Please note that is doesn’t contain the usual onion & garlic like a traditional lasagne as I omit those in my recipes as I am sensitive to them, which is what makes this recipe “FODMAP” friendly. Also omit the brocolli for FODMAP friendly.
– 3 large potatoes, peeled, diced & steamed till soft.
● add to a food processor with 2 – 3 tbsp nutritional yeast, a little bit of lemon juice & 1/4 cup almond milk. continue to add more almond milk to get a nice saucy consistency & set your sauce aside.
– 1 zucchini, chopped into fingernail sized chunks.
– 5 – 6 carrots, chopped finely. i whizzed mine in the food processor.
– 1/2 cup brocolli florets, wizzed in a food processor (you could omit this but i had some in the fridge to use. omit for fodmap friendly version also.)
– 1/4 capsicum, diced.
● heat a pan with splash of water and start to sauté all the veggies. once a ssoftened a bit, add in 1 can of diced tomatoes, 3 tbsp of tomato paste, 1 tsp coconut sugar and a few shakes of basil & oregano. i just let this simmer on low, uncovered until the veggies were soft & added a handful of chopped baby spinach before removing the pan from the heat.
● preheat the oven to 190°C
layer in a glass dish with the layer order being red sauce, white sauce, gluten free lasagne sheets.
It should end with the red sauce topped with the white. Mine had about 3 layers.
● pop into the oven for about 40-45 minutes, wait. serve. enjoy!
This made me two servings for an early dinner but I’d say it’d probably serve 3 with a side dish!