Oats are rich in manganese which helps the body synthesize fats and is also high in phosphorus, copper, bitoin, vitamin b1, magnesium, fibre, zinc & protein.
– they lower cholesterol levels
– can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
– stabilizes blood sugar levels and lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes
– the high fibre content helps keep a happy digestive system.
– contains immune system boosting beta glucans, making them perfect for winter breakfasts!
I always soak my oats overnight as they activate during the soaking process making them easier to digest and they also cook faster!
Adding Zucchini to your morning bowl of oatmeal sounds odd – I know. But trust me, you cannot taste them! It provides body to the oatmeal & extra nutrients!
Zucchini is a source of manganese, folate, fibre, vitamin C & A.
– It’s low calorie
– Lowers cholesterol & blood pressure
– Helps prevent cancer, heart attack & stroke
– Contains anti-inflammatory agents
So why not give it a go & add a veggie boost to your brekky!
● soak overnight:
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1 tsp chia seeds
● in the morning add
– 1/2 cup grated zucchini
– 1 piece of fresh fruit, either banana, pear or apple. With apple and pear, just chop into small pieces and with banana you can mash it in.
● cook in a pot on medium heat with dairy-free milk of choice, water or coconut water, adding cinnamon & coconut sugar to taste and more milk to achieve your desired texture. it should only take a few minutes to cook.
I like to add maca powder & serve with with lots of toppings like berries, other fruits, coconut shreds, seeds & nuts or nut butter!